||download 349K panekill.zip
||Compatibility: runs under Windows 95, 98, ME, Windows NT 4.0, or Windows 2000
|Price: $10 (shareware)
(c) 2001 Matt Ginzton, MaDdoG Software
Quick table of contents: [Register] [Other
PaneKiller resources] [Description] [Features]
online now, via a secure web server.
The PaneKiller manual is now available
online, including a list of things that changed
in each version.
More screenshots are also available.
Also, I'm starting a list of tips, tricks, and non-obvious
features for getting more out of PaneKiller -- read it, and feel free to contribute
You can read a 3rd-party
review of PaneKiller from SharewareJunkies.com.
A better Start Menu than the Start Menu! A quicker and more fun way to navigate your
computer, and get to the files you want.
Tired of drowning in Explorer windows? Haven't you always wanted fast and easy access
to all the files on your computer, right from the Windows taskbar?
MaDdoG PaneKiller is the quickest way to get to all the documents and programs stored
on your computer, without filling your screen with folder windows. You can access the
Desktop, My Computer, Control Panels, your hard drives, your program files, your
documents... anything, any way you like.
PaneKiller gives you easy, configurable, menu-like access to every document and
application available on your computer, all from the Windows taskbar.
You no longer have to wish the Start Menu always worked that way!
- Integrates into the Windows shell
- As easy to use as the Start Menu, but more flexible, powerful and configurable
- Access any file (application or document) on your computer, easily, from the taskbar
- If you prefer PaneKiller's power and flexibility over the Start menu, you can even
replace the Start menu with PaneKiller.
- Drag and drop lets you manage files from within PaneKiller
- Tear-off menus give you handy access to oft-used items
- Fully configurable -- provide convenient access to as much or as little as you like
- Recent Files and Recent Folders features make your work easier by remembering items
you've used recently, and making it easy to get to them
- Menus that are too long to fit on one screen give you a choice -- you can split them
into several screen-sized pages, or you can scroll through them (using the mouse wheel if
you have one)
- Customizable menu backgrounds let you determine the look of your computer
- Menu transition effects show off your computer's graphical abilities, are pretty, and
- In addition to opening files, you can also right-click to access context menus
- 32-bit, multithreaded for speed and stability
- One-click access to anything on your computer
- Hide icons on Windows desktop and access everything via PaneKiller, if you don't like
- Fully accessible from the keyboard or with the mouse
- Full uninstall
- For more things you can do with PaneKiller, look at this list of tips, tricks, and non-obvious features for getting more out of
Awards that PaneKiller has won:
- Editor's Pick and Today's
from PC World's FileWorld: v1.24, 6/24/98
Featured in LockerGnome (v1.1, 1/15/98) -- LockerGnome
doesn't have any official rating system, but as chief 'Gnome Chris Pirillo puts it,
"You should consider everything in Lockergnome an award winner. Two thumbs up, five
gnomes out of five, happy faces all around... "